Monday, January 11, 2010
Working on a little storage for the studio, I figured it does not have to be plain or ugly. Right? A little glitter couldn't hurt. Here is what you need:
- Sparkle 21 to compliment your napkin ( I used Night Sparkle and Grape Soda Sorbet Sparkle)
- Paper Mod Podge
- Storage bin with lid
- Chalk pencil
- Big flat paintbrush
- Cool napkin ( I found these that reminded me of Pucci fabrics from the 70s at my local cooking gadget store)
1. Brush Mod Podge to cover lid. While it is wet, lay the napkin on it. Smooth with fingers to work out wrinkles and bubbles. Brush a coat of Mod Podge over the top. Let dry.
2. With scissors, trim napkin at edges of box lid. Optional: another coat of MP.
3. Outline parts of design with Sparkle 21 as desired.
4. On side or front of box, use chalk pencil to print the label of whatever you will be storing in the box. I am storing stamps in mine. Outline in one color (I used Night Sparkle) and let it dry. Fill in with second color.Make a bunch for all of the things you need to store and label accordingly. Functional and great looking!