Thursday, January 14, 2010
These tiny canvases have been on my work table calling me to do something with them. I could not decide until a friend sent me the tiny easels. And then I knew. Peace, Love, and Togetherness. When I combined those themes with rick rack, I had 1972 flashbacks! They are easy to make.
- Sparkle 21: Very Berry Sparkle, Blue Suede Sparkle, Pina Colade Sparkle, Limeade Sparkle
- Three 3” square canvases
- Three small wooden easels
- Black acrylic paint
- Small flat paintbrush
- Printed designs
- tracing paper
- Chalk pencil
- 1 yard lime green small rick rack
- white craft glue
1. Paint canvases and easels black. Let dry.
2. Print designs. Lay tracing paper over them and trace with pencil. Trace pattern lines with chalk pencil. Turn chalk side down on canvas. Rub back of paper to transfer lines. Remember to trace the backside of the earth pattern to make the continents face the right direction.
If you are using a different size canvas, use a copy machine to make the patterns the right size.
3. Fill in designs on canvases with Sparkle 21, as desired. Let dry.
4. Glue rick rack around outside edge of each canvas.
5. Outline front surfaces of easel with desired color of Sparkle 21.