Monday, January 4, 2010
- you like daisies
- you like glitter
- you don't have much money to spend
- have a need for updating some wall art you already own
- all of the above
These are three inexpensive pieces of wall art. Three colors of Gerbera daisies. They have been hanging around for a while and were screaming for an update. So, I recycled them into the Mod Girl line of cool glittered art. To repurpose some wall art of your own, you need:
See? A great project for saving something you are kind of tired of, or maybe even re-gifting something you don't want any more.
- the wall art
- Sparkle 21 (I used Very Berry Sparkle, Gold Sparkle, and Copper Sparkle) Just pick colors that are in your wall art, whatever it is
- Sparkle Gems: 8mm round holographic
- Craft Glitter (I used black) Pick a color in the background of your art
- white craft glue
- flat paintbrush
1. Using Sparkle 21, outline the design any way you want to.
2. Add dots of white glue, set the gems into the glue. You can also do this with your Sparkle 21.
3. Let everything dry.
4. Brush one edge of the art canvas with white glue. Sprinkle glitter into glue while wet. Repeat for all sides of canvas. Let dry.
5. Hang and accept compliments.