Wednesday, January 13, 2010
The pattern has a peace sign in the center of the flower. But, I used the tie dye technique instead for this flower center. You, of course could do either. Put the flower power flower on a shirt of any size to share the love.
- Pink t-shirt
- Printed pattern
- Sparkle 21: Pina Colada Sparkle, Very Berry Sparkle, Blue Suede Sparkle
- Chalk pencil
1. Print out flower power pattern. Use copy machine to make it the right size for the shirt you have selected. Trace the pattern lines with chalk pencil. Turn chalk side down on shirt. Rub the back of the paper to transfer the pattern lines to the fabric.
2. Outline the center of the flower with a thick line of Pina Colada. Inside that line, make a thick line of Blue Suede. Inside that, make a smaller circle of Very Berry. These lines should be thick, but not touching each other.
3. Use the toothpick to blend the lines of color together. Comb back and forth between lines, blending.
My good friend Imaginina stopped by and made us a video showing the tie dye technique. Take a look:
4. Fill in the flower petals with Very Berry.
5. Under the flower, print: love. Let dry completely.
Have fun tie dying and...