Friday, January 22, 2010
I really like simple little birds as a design element right now, and since yesterday's tweeters turned out cute, I kept the theme going today. This is a very pretty tote bag, even without the decorating. Adding Sparkle 21 birds and branches gives it a one-up on everyone else's tote bag.
I did the pattern with just one color of Sparkle 21, Night Sparkle. But, if you wish for more color, use red, copper, green, whatever you like.
- Patterned totebag
- Sparkle 21: Night Sparkle
- Printed pattern
- Dark chalk pencil
- Fabric glue
- 5/8” wide black ribbon with white dots (enough to fit the height of your bag twice)
1. Trace pattern lines with chalk pencil. Turn chalk side down on bag. Rub back of paper to transfer lines.
2. Cover pattern lines on bag with thick lines of Night Sparkle. Let dry.
3. Glue ribbon on either side of design on totebag.Pretty,