Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Adrianna and Allyssa, the Craft Sisters, sat down last week to show me how to make three very easy and very glittery Christmas ornaments. Any of these ornaments can be made in minutes, and can be made in any color palette. Use new ornaments, or recycle old ornaments. Here are some basic instructions. For more tips, watch the video of the Craft Sisters in action. I hope the Craft Sisters give you some fun ideas!
- a wire and mesh ornament
- Big & Glitzy Glitter Glue, your color choice (theirs is Silver)
- Sparkle Gems, your color choice (theirs are pink)
- Fashion Sequin mix, your color choice
1. Squeeze Big & Glitzy into ornament section. Use finger or brush to smooth it out evenly.
2. Place gems and sequins into Big & Glitzy while wet.
- blank ornament, your shape and color choice (Allyssa went with bright girlie colors)
- Big & Glitzy Glitter Glue, your color choice
- short piece of maribou or tinsel or ribbon to glue around the top
1. Draw large dots of Big & Glitzy on the ornament. Let dry.
2. Glue maribou around top of ornament.
- any blank ornament
- craft glue, your color choice (Adrianna loves gold)
- white craft glue
- piece of ribbon to tie a bow (Adrianna went non-traditional with leopard print)
- flat paintbrush
1. Cover the ornament with glue. Sprinkle glitter over glue. Let dry.
2. Tie a bow around the top of the ornament.
Fast and easy ideas to begin the Christmas season. Thanks Adrianna and Allyssa!