Monday, December 14, 2009
While you are at it, you might want to make a glittered jingle bell wreath ornament. I will show you how.
- jingle bells (This 2 1/2" wreath ornament took 15 red bells. Choose any color bells. Glittering more than 15 will make your wreath larger.)
- fine glitter of the same color as the bells
- white craft glue
- craft wire
- small flat paintbrush
- ribbon to make a bow
- toothpicks, one for each bell
Try this:1. Place each bell on a toothpick.
3. Sprinkle glitter over the wet glue. Shake off the excess. Set the bell down to dry. Repeat for all bells.
4. When all bells are dry, string on a piece of wire. Twist the ends together. Form a hanging loop above the twist.
To make the essential party earrings, glitter two bells the same way. Use jump rings to attach them to earring findings.
If the jingle of the bells right below your ears will drive you around the bend, then when brushing glue on the bells, add a little inside the bell. The little ball will be glued down and not jingle. You get the jingle bell look without the jingle bell sound!
Make a pair of earrings for each of your friends. They will love you and your creativity!