Jack O' Lantern Candy Dish

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I think I am having a halloween flash-forward. If you plan for things like I do, you are not quite ready to start working on halloween, but it is on your mind......you are thinking about it. This is a great project for a teacher gift, or just a candy dish at home. It is very inexpensive. The glass bowl cost 99 cents. And it took me less than 15 minutes to make.


You need:
  • glass bud bowl (if you use a bigger bowl, you will need a truckload of orange candy)
  • black glitter
  • white craft glue
  • 18" ribbon of your choice
  • orange candy (I put sugared orange slices in my jack o lantern dish)
Try this:
1. Squeezing glue from the bottle, apply it in shapes of facial features: 2 eyes, nose, mouth.

2. While the glue is wet, sprinkle the glitter over it. Let it dry.

3. Fill it up with orange candies.
4. I also gave mine a ribbon bow. I can't decide if it is a cute addition or it makes Mr. Jack O look like a hippie from 1969. You decide.

Glitter on!
Sparkle

3 Comments:

Katie said...

I think the bow makes Mr. Jack O Lantern look like MISS Jack O Lantern! Super cute idea, thanks!

Carolina said...

Sugary candies and sparkly glitter - what a great combination!

I linked to this project over at Pumpkin Week:
http://www.alwaysexpectmoore.com/2010/10/pumpkin-week-daily-dozen_04.html

cosmetic junction said...

very awesome idea!! thank you... Happy Halloween...

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails