Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Fall is my favorite time of year. I am fascinated by the color process on the trees in my neighborhood. I picked a two green leaves off my own maple tree today for this project. It is very easy, allows for your own creativity. It is the perfect project to do with children.
- a black shirt
- some leaves
- Sparkle 21 in a couple fall colors, I used Jungle Sparkle, Strawberry Sparkle, and Copper Sparkle
- a flat paintbrush
1. Squeeze some Sparkle 21 onto the front of a leaf. Use the brush to spread the liquid glitter to cover the leaf. It should be spread thickly. You can use more than one color on a leaf if you wish.
2. Press the leaf onto the shirt, glitter side down. Push all over the leaf with your fingers, transferring the glitter. Carefully lift the leaf.
3. Print as many leaves as you wish on the shirt. Let the shirt dry.
4. Loosely outline the leaves with Sparkle 21 straight out of the bottle tip. Let it dry at least 2 days before wearing.
Use different size and types of leaves and add in some gold glitter if you love it. Very autumnal!