Friday, March 26, 2010
Hi from the beach everyone! Having a wonderful time, wish you were here. I am enjoying myself watching these crazy Floridians wearing winter coats on the beach. I hope you enjoy the necklace I made. If you are not at the beach like I am, you can cheat and buy a shell at the craft store.
- Using some kind of decoupaging medium, coat the inside of the shell. I used gel medium. I love it.
- See that my shell has a natural hole in the top? I picked it off the beach for that reason. You can drill one if you can't find one with a hole already.
- Press some pieces of paper into the gel medium. I used some that kind of look like mermaid scales. Brush a coat of gel medium over the paper. Let it dry.
- On the top of the shell, brush a coat of Crystal Sparkle...Sparkle 21. Pretty. Let it dry.
- I added a paper word and a half pearl to the mermaid paper. I used gel medium to do that too.
- Hang the dried shell from a chain or a cord. I wire wrapped a piece of wire as the hanger.
If you have several tiny shells, you could do the same and add them to a charm bracelet. Everyone will be jealous!