Monday, March 1, 2010
Today is the first day of National Craft Month 2010. I spent an hour at the dollar store looking for inexpensive glitter crafting project ideas. You'll want to take notes...with this fabulous glitter daisy pen.
- a pen (10 cents each at the dollar store)
- a daisy (this bush was $1, you can't beat it!)
- floral tape ($1 for two rolls!)
- white craft glue
- glitter, I used Pink Diamond Dust over the hot pink daisy
- wire cutters
2. Remove the plug at the end of the pen. Stick the stem down inside the pen. Add some glue where the stem meets the pen.
3. Using a small brush or a craft stick or your finger, put some glue on a couple petals. Don't be stingy with the glue!
4. Sprinkle glitter on the wet glue. Repeat until all of the petals are glittered that you wish to be glittered.
5. Wrap floral tape from the daisy all the way down the pen. I stop short of the end because the floral tape gets sticky from holding it, when using the pen.