Sea Shell Necklace

Friday, March 26, 2010

Today, we have a guest post by my friend Imaginina, direct from the beach. Nobody is quite as adventurous as Imaginina!


Hi from the beach everyone! Having a wonderful time, wish you were here. I am enjoying myself watching these crazy Floridians wearing winter coats on the beach. I hope you enjoy the necklace I made. If you are not at the beach like I am, you can cheat and buy a shell at the craft store.

I wanted to decorate the shell on both sides. Here is what I did on the inside:
  • Using some kind of decoupaging medium, coat the inside of the shell. I used gel medium. I love it.
  • See that my shell has a natural hole in the top? I picked it off the beach for that reason. You can drill one if you can't find one with a hole already.
  • Press some pieces of paper into the gel medium. I used some that kind of look like mermaid scales. Brush a coat of gel medium over the paper. Let it dry.
  • On the top of the shell, brush a coat of Crystal Sparkle...Sparkle 21. Pretty. Let it dry.
  • I added a paper word and a half pearl to the mermaid paper. I used gel medium to do that too.
  • Hang the dried shell from a chain or a cord. I wire wrapped a piece of wire as the hanger.
Looks great on the front and on the back!

If you have several tiny shells, you could do the same and add them to a charm bracelet. Everyone will be jealous!

Imaginina

2 Comments:

Three Crafty Ladies said...

Great shell craft! We floridians love our shell crafts and are willing to brave the chills to collect our treasures! Sanibel even has a shell museum and an annual juried Shell Fair that is the pinnacle of shell crafting! Nice work!

beach shell neckless said...

Can I simply say what a aid to seek out someone who truly is aware of what theyre talking about on the internet. You undoubtedly know the right way to deliver an issue to gentle and make it important. Extra individuals must learn this and perceive this side of the story. I cant believe youre no more popular because you positively have the gift.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails