Tuesday, June 30, 2009
While we are talking about centerpieces for weddings, here is another idea. This makes a great card box for on the gift table. If you want it for a centerpiece, just remove the bottom of the box and stack up the boxes as shown with the rose on top.
- three sizes of paper mache boxes, the ones I bought were white so I did not have to paint them
- a big white silk rose
- crystal glitter
- white craft glue
- flat paintbrush
- brush glue to cover the biggest box lid. Sprinkle glitter over glue while wet. Tap off excess and let the box lid dry.
- Repeat on the bottoms of the medium and small boxes
- Glitter the rose, one petal at a time
- Add some dots of glue around the outside edge of the two bottom pieces. Sprinkle glitter on them. Let dry.
- Glue the pieces together so they stack up and look like a wedding cake.
- Use a rose in a theme color of the wedding. You could even make the decorative dots in that color using another color glitter.
- Turn it into a birthday cake! Google fondant cakes and see what comes up. Here are two that I found.
Turn these in to glitter cakes. Just use glue and glitter in place of fondant and frosting. They will last longer and they have no calories!