Daisy Pen

Friday, April 16, 2010


Spring! Don't you love it? While I was in the studio yesterday, I was having a raging case of spring fever, and it came out in this project. You might have made a pen similar to this already, it is an idea that has been floating around for awhile. I just added glitter. Of course!


Here is how to do it for yourself.
You need:
  • a ballpoint pen
  • a silk flower
  • white craft glue
  • wire cutters
  • small flat brush (optional)
  • green floral tape
  • glitter of your choice ( I used big crystal holographic glitter)
Try this:
1. Cut the stem of the silk flower to about an inch. Take the end off the pen and stick the flower stem into the barrel.

2. Add glue inside the barrel and around the stem and barrel. Let the glue dry.

3. Cover the top of a petal with white glue. I use my finger, but you can use a small flat brush. While the glue is wet, sprinkle glitter over it. Shake off extra.

Do as many petals as you wish to be glittered. My flower has two layers, I did them both.

4. When the glue is dry, wrap floral tape around pen. This is for looks only, it makes the pen look like a stem.

Have fun, go crazy! Make pens!

Glitter on!
Sparkle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails